So now what? If you are a huge hockey fan like myself you may have asked yourself this today. So now what?
No hockey. No hockey of any kind. I would normally fill my tv watching time with Sportsnet, TSN, Tim and Sid, Hockey Central.. you get the idea. I’m either watching hockey or listening about yesterday’s hockey or today’s hockey or tomorrow’s hockey. This is my favorite time of year for hockey. Playoffs looming. The perfect time of year to “hockey”. Now it’s gone for a few weeks? or months? or all summer? I guess we have to wait and see. No football, baseball, golf, car racing, rugby, soccer, basketball (notice these are in the order of my preference of viewing).
What will I do with my time? No sports of any kind.
- I can always catch up on my dusting – that’s special and so rewarding.
- I can watch Big Brother, Survivor, The Bachelor – that’s also special and so rewarding.
- I can watch shows about cooking and house reno’s – that’s special and so rewarding.
- I can tune to Discovery, Nat Geo and History – that’s special and so rewarding but would improve my overall knowledge of the world.
- I can break out a 1000 piece puzzle. Learn to play bridge. Make a quilt. – All hobbies and games that are special and rewarding.
Although the above things may be special and rewarding – I’m not prepared to launch into action just yet. I can: Read. Bake. Take Pictures. Sit in the Sun. Watch the world go by. All these things ARE special AND rewarding to me. If that fails I will go to plan B and plan C.
B – Booze
C – Camera